pavilion dv6 battery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pavilion dv6 battery

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to make A Computer Without In fact Trying.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

How to make A Computer Without In fact Trying. Empty
PostSubject: How to make A Computer Without In fact Trying.   How to make A Computer Without In fact Trying. EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 3:20 pm

I didn抰 start out trying to build a computer. My CD disk drive stopped working and I kept getting an oversight message which said, 揟his drive isn't really available.? I went to the 搈y computer? file to take a look the status of the drive on the properties but the hard drive wasn抰 listed. I then went to the device manager to take a look the drives status but it wasn抰 listed there whether.
Now I抦 not a computer whiz or computer 揼eek? but Anways, i do have some knowledge, eventhough limited, as to how a computer works. After spending literally hours considering what happened to my CD drive, I finally decided i would cross the line and venture into the unknown. I took the cover amazing computer case. I had no idea what I was ready for so I started tinkering around to work out if maybe something have come loose. Sure sufficiently, a cable going to the back of the DVD player was unplugged. I plugged the cable funding, put the cover lower back on, plugged in the power cord and pushed the vitality button to fire them up. I was somewhat surprised to see that hot weather actually worked. This got me in order to wondering how hard it to build a laptop computer from scratch. I went searching using the web to see if this has been possible, something that We can do. After reading various content and visiting numerous web sites I decided to have a go.
The first step was to determine what kind of computer I wanted. Purchasing it had to end up being fast. No sense suffering from all the trouble to enhance a dud. It also would have to be capable of handling substantial video files, many photographs, and a vast magnitude of music (songs). And finally I wanted it will probably be media center; capable about playing and recording tunes, playing and recording Cds, downloading and playing games, and capable of playing cable television. I also wanted for you to connect an overhead projector and have my wall as any screen while surfing the online world. Once I decided what Need be, I started looking for the components and or parts A totally free need.

The first thing I needed was in instances, or tower. I found out there exists guide lines standardizing case that include ATX Form Factor. They can be a standardized case designed in order to certain motherboards, and thus determining your layout of the throughout the case. I found a great source for the parts A totally free need, in a online store named Newegg. Com. Although I didn抰 know it at that moment, I quickly found out that plus a vast product selection, and really low competitive prices, their customer was 搕op flight.? Yes I endorse these guys.
First on my list was some Rosewill R114A-SLV silver metal mid-tower computer case. This case were included with a 400w ATX 20-pin main connector power supply. (See photo A). Next relating to the list was a motherboard. Document needed an ATX Intel motherboard, (ATX meaning could possibly fit perfectly in our ATX mid-tower). For this I chose the ASUS P5P800 Socket To (LGA775) Intel 865PE ATX Intel motherboard. It is relatively powerful and affordable, and additionally supports Intel抯 Pentium have a look at processor? This processor holds up Hyper-Threading technology which, consistent with Intel抯 web site 搑esults in more sound use of processor resources, higher processing throughput, and additionally improved performance on today抯 multithreaded software.? This motherboard also shows a 775 pin Land Grid Array (LGA-775) socket designed for the Intel? Pentium? have a look at processor, and most importantly opinion, a Users Guide.
Next relating to the list was a one. I chose the Intel? Pentium? have a look at processor; 530J 3. 0 GHz, 800 MHz FSB on the 775 Land package. This super fast processor shows a heat sink and fan assembly which uses push pin technology place in. For memory I resolved to Rosewill抯 512 MB 184-pin DDR SDRAM DDR400 (PC3200), nearly four times. For the hard drive I chose Western Digital抯 WDC1600? 160 GHz 7200 RPM Serial ATA Hard disc drive. I chose a Mitsumi 1. 46 MB 3. 5 Intrinsic Floppy, a Rosewill DVD burner; model RD-162, and additionally Rosewill CD burner; device RR-52, (both retail). Apart from the floppy, all about my components were full price, IE, in original makes packaging, etc. Also on my list were step 2 80mm Sleeve, Blue LED light case cooling addicts, a Sound Blaster Take up residence? sound card, an ATI All In Wonder 9600? 8X graphics/TV account, a Dell? 17? Seriously Sharp flat panel monitor, wireless mouse and laptop, HP Photo Smart 7660? model, and Logitech Z 2300? speakers.
As you can see I did so my homework. Before signing up with this task, I didn抰 have a clue to what a motherboard was, the gist a CPU抯 function, nice to read a hard disk was and what it was eventually for, what if any compatibility issues I would encounter, and how pretty much everything 搒tuff? worked together. So during about three months I purchased all of these components. My very first mistake was which ordered the ASUS P4P800SE as opposed to the ASUS P5P800SE. The P4P800SE isn't really compatible with the Intel P4 LGA-775 processor chip? So here was an opportunity test the service level of Newegg. com. I emailed them and explained your situation, and without reluctance they exchanged the motherboard along with didn抰 charge me some sort of restocking fee or freight. They acted as if they had made the mistake. Needless to say, Document was VERY impressed.
Once many of the parts and components are here, I laid the whole thing out, identified everything, and investigate the users guide that came with the motherboard from cover to fund. Now was the 搉uts and additionally bolts? time, the time to put this thing jointly. The motherboard came along with ten screws and ten felt washers which were used to attach the motherboard to the case chassis. I placed the felt washers over the holes on the chassis and placed the motherboard upon the felt washers. This means felt washers were between the chassis and the motherboard. Then i secured the motherboard to the chassis with the ten screws. Next was using the CPU. I found out actual fast how sensitive a joint of equipment this was. There is 775 tiny pins or connectors that could easily get bent, so make the CPU useless. This I considered some of the most intimidating. However, I said a prayer, took my time, got the CENTRAL PROCESSING UNIT lined-up correctly, and proceeded with caution. Perfect match! Most suitable fit! The sweating was first over.
I then installed the heat sink and fan putting your unit together onto the CPU along with the push pins, (push off and twist clockwise). Then i plugged the CPU fan cable into the connector on the motherboard described CPU_FAN. I then installed the Serial ATA harddrive into one of the inner bays. Then I applied the floppy disk travel. Next to install was the device memory. It抯 very essential that you first 揼round? yourself by touching the metal framework before handling the Combined Inline Memory Modules (DIMM). This motherboard comes with four DIMM sockets enabling the installation of various configurations, based on the amount of memory to be fitted. I chose four 512MB DIMM themes, which kept it straight forward. I just unlocked the DIMM sockets by pushing the retaining clips to the outside. Next I aligned the actual DIMM on the socket in order that the notch on the DIMM matched the break relating to the socket. By pushing reducing, I firmly inserted the DIMM so that the retaining clips snapped back into place.
I then installed typically the DVD optical drive in the first bay, and the CD optical drive in the second bay. This precise case has flip way up doors which conceal the optical drives. I then installed a new network card into amongst the five PCI slots and secured it to chassis with screws. So next I installed the ATI All In Wonder9600? graphics card throughout the Accelerated Graphics Port (AGP) video slot. This motherboard only holds up a 1. 5v or possibly 0. 8v AGP card which is certainly keyed to fit throughout the AGP card slot.
So next, was time to specify the 搄umpers.? The jumpers are specify to determine how a portion of the computer will function. For example, there抯 a three pin keyboard power jumper which permit you to enable or disable the keyboard wake up feature. There抯 a jumper restrict that covers two of the three pins to look for the jumpers function.
Next came the fun part, the inner connections. I connected the FDD to floppy disk connector with the FDD signal cable. Going to connected a power cable to FDD. Next I connected the serial ATA harddrive to one of both of them SATA connectors with your serial ATA signal connection, and then connected a power cable to the hard disc drive. I then plugged in the CPU fan connectors, the serial (COM) port module cable to serial port connector, couple of USB 2. 0 kindoms, and game module. Then i connected power cables to the two optical drives. So next I connected the ATX power connectors (24-pin EATXPWR, 4-pin ATX12v), the inner audio connector (4-pin CD AND DVD, AUX), front panel sound experience connector (10-1 pin FP-Audio), and ultimately, the system panel connector (20-1 pin Panel). The device panel connector is coloring coded so connecting it was fairly simple. I then replaced the system case cover, connected the monitor, the wireless receiver for those keyboard and mouse, all the speakers, and the cord. I then plugged the cord into a wall outlet.
Now for those moment of truth! I pushed the vitality button. Nothing happened! Basically no lights on system panel, no onboard LED lgt, no CPU fan maintaining! Nothing! Needless to say I was crushed. Pretty much everything work for nothing. I started wondering what We can have done wrong, or was it your compatibility issue. I returned to the beginning and retraced nearly every one of my connections, and they were all correct. After about a while of tracing and retracing our steps it hit me. There was no power coming into the system! I then plugged in a lamp to test this outlet, and it performed fine.
After going over everything time and time again I realized that it's possible, just maybe the felt washers were somehow preventing appreciable link. It was worth a try so I uninstalled every little thing, and I mean everything! I then took out the motherboard, removed the felt washers, replaced the motherboard, so that it was eventually in direct contact aided by the case chassis, put the felt washers upon the motherboard, and then tightened the motherboard to the chassis with the ten screws. I realized of the fact that only instruction not in the users guide was an accurate placement of the was feeling washers! I then reinstalled the whole thing. When I plugged the power cord into the retaining wall outlet the onboard CONTRIBUTED light came on! I pushed the vitality button and she came right on. It worked!
Oh how happy I was. Then i went into the BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) and followed the steps to the many different parameters to operate the operation of any computer. With the individuals guide, these were pretty easy to set. Once I finished setting multiple parameters I installed the operating system, Microsoft Windows XP? by means of service pack II. Seeing the ASUS logo followed by the Windows XP logo was about the most gratifying parts of this approach whole ordeal. I was thrilled! My computer worked flawlessly when I used it, there are worked flawlessly every since.
I can watch TV FOR COMPUTER programs, search the internet at super fast speeds (with cable modem), download songs and come up with a play list, create photo disk, and albums, enjoy AOL radio, watch videos, watch DVD movies, carry out games, Call Of Need, The Big Red A? and print excellent portraits. This computer is awesome! Overall this was a very intense learning experience. Once I was committed it has no turning back, because excessively had been spent. Also, I already owned a personal computer system made by a nicely respected manufacturer. I paid nearly $1, 100 for the complete system and features no where near the capabilities of the computer I just crafted. There is just certainly no comparison. And I spent very much less building my own, actually saved hundred about dollars. I priced major model computers with the power and capabilities for the one I just built and then the cheapest came to around $2, 200. Unbelievable! Just would travel to show, anything is possible if you follow it, and more importantly, if you suffer from the Lord on anyone side? br />

Darryl Griffin
Don't forget national 2006
http: //www. thegadgetship. com
Back to top Go down
https://pavilion-dv6.forumotion.com

How to make A Computer Without In fact Trying.
Page 1 of 1